Updated January 13, 2021
SPC is open and is proud to be producing packaging needed for critical industries during the COVID-19 outbreak. We continue to produce the essential pharmaceutical, food and nutraceutical packaging that is needed now more than ever. To keep our employees and customers healthy and safe, we are following national mandates, monitoring updates and recommendations from the CDC, and increasing our already stringent ISO standards. With our FSSC 2200 certification, we already have strict policies in place to control and minimize food safety hazards.
On top of our existing precautions, we are implementing additional measures, which we will update as circumstances change:
- Providing face masks and protective glasses for each employee
- Placing plexiglass between employees on certain machines
- Only allowing employees into the building
- Providing personal hand sanitizer for each employee and sanitizing spray for individual work areas
- Sanitizing all door handles several times throughout the day
- Suspending vendor visits until further notice
- Delivery workers must stay in their truck cab while we unload boxes
- Nightly cleaning crew is taking extra measures to thoroughly disinfecting all workspaces
To prevent possible spread between shifts:
- Equipment is wiped down at the end of every shift
- The current shift leaves before the next shift arrives
- Flexible schedules and split shifts limit the number of employees working at the same time
- Employees are working 10-hour shifts 4 days/week.
To prevent possible spread between departments:
- Only one department is permitted in the break room at a time, and they must wipe down the space before leaving
- Employees are required to follow social distancing guidelines
- No meetings are being held in conference rooms
- Salespeople have suspended all work-related travel, while continuing communication with clients via email, text and video chats
- Extra supplies have been ordered to ensure we can produce anything our customers need as this critical situation evolves
If you have any questions, please call us at 407-889-310 or email email@example.com.